This morning my dad called to tell us my grandfather passed away. My mom's father. He has been sick for several months. He was living with my parents, at their lakehouse, in San Angelo. My mom has been his 24 hour nurse. The last few weeks have been very difficult for grandad as well as for my parents. At least we now know he is not hurting anymore and he is in a much better place. The funeral will be Wednesday in his hometown, Kermit, TX. It is breaking my heart I can't be there. Living nearly 10,000 miles away makes it very hard to get back so quick, especially with a 4 month old baby. I am very thankful I had a chance to get out to Texas this summer and see him. This was the 1st time he saw Kaitlyn and he had so much fun playing with her. She thought he was so funny! Below are a few pictures. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Grandad

Grandad playing with his Great-Grandaughter, Kaitlyn

4 Generations-Grandad, Kara, Mom-Darlene, and Kaitlyn
1 comment:
Kara,
Please know that Mike and I are praying for you. Being so far away during the difficult time is really hard...I lost both of my grandmothers while we were in the Philippines. I am thankful that you got some good pictures of Kaitlyn with her great-grandfather! She will enjoy looking at them in years to come!
Post a Comment