Saturday, November 1, 2008

doctor visit...

Well...Kaitlyn and I have had some excitement since Terry's been gone. Wednesday Kaitlyn started running a low grade fever around 100.8. Me being a new mom, in a far away country, and this being Kaitlyn's first fever I called the doctor right away. They said to give her Tylenol but it might last a few days. I figured she was just teething...well...it was still a little high on Thursday and Friday...Saturday it spiked to 104! I called the doctor immediately, they were luckily open till 1:30. They advised me to come in quickly since it was already 1:00. I jumped in a taxi and headed over. Long story short...we were there about 3 hours to find out she has a viral infection. We were given an antibiotic and they ran a few tests...we should know the results Monday. Her fever has dropped significantly...and she is resting now. Why does this happen right when Terry leaves??


Kaitlyn resting...

Here is a little smile...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara,


Do you know that you can alternate motrin and tylenol. The Tylenol can be given every 4 hours and the Motrin every 6 hours, that way her fever won't spike so high. My kids always ran high fever like that. I know it can be scary... You can also put her in a lukewarm tub of water and rub her skin with a washcloth gently. That always helps to bring the fever down and makes them feel better.

Pam typing Becky's directions. Becky types tooo slow..

Becky's kids always were sick when Stephen was out. You need an Aunt Pam to help you out. We miss ya'll. Kiss Kaitlyn for us.

Love Pam and the Bares Family

Anonymous said...

Poor little thing!

Yes, a lukewarm bath can help to reduce the fever, but make sure you give her the bath right after you give her the Tylenol, otherwise she might start to shiver.

Is Kaitlyn old enough yet for Motrin?

Call us when you want to talk! And give Kaitlyn a big hug from us!