Friday, January 16, 2009

A Trip to the Botanic Gardens...

I thought I would start off with a picture I took today....Kaitlyn just woke up from a nap and she is so excited...."flapping away excited"




Well...once again I'm a few days late posting. Monday, Kaitlyn and I took a trip to the Botanic Gardens. We had a great time...and I had a great workout! It was huge. We only walked around about half of the garden before the humidity had us both sweating... I mean glistening. It really is a beautiful park. Did I mention it was free to get in! I was very excited about this.

On the way to the Botanic Gardens we passed by the US Embassy. I have to say it is the least attractive Embassy I have seen. The Thai Embassy, on Orchard road, is very pretty. But nonetheless I had to take a picture to share. The US Embassy is only about 1/2 mile from our apartment. Good to know!

I did learn a good lesson a few days ago...Keep babies away from cell phones. Quick story... Kaitlyn was sitting on the counter in her bumbo (little seat) and she reached over a grabbed my cell phone...I was doing dishes and didn't see her grab it. And let me tell you....anything she grabs it goes straight to her mouth. So she slimed up the end that you put the charger in. So needless to say...my phone does not charge. So I'm in the process of getting it fixed....the little Asian man... yes...I do mean little...told me there is no guarantee they can fix it....I find out tomorrow! Hopefully I don't have to buy a new phone....

One last thing...Kaitlyn is still not crawling! But...she has figured out how to pull herself up to a standing position. We 1st figured this out when I walked in on her standing in her crib leaning over....I couldn't believe it and it scared me to the death! 5 minutes later the mattress was lowered....

Here are a couple of pictures of the US Embassy and the Botanic Gardens....I forgot to take pictures while we there.


The US Embassy--Looks like a gray box


US Embassy....I'm standing across the street



Kaitlyn at the Botanic Gardens...this was right before we left...she was hot and the sun was right in her eyes...it looks like she is crying...but she isn't. Next time we go I will get better pictures!

No comments: