Thursday:
We arrived Thursday evening had dinner at our hotel and called it a night.
Friday:
We decided to tour the city of Georgetown. (Penang is the name of the island). We had lunch at a seafood restaurant on the beach. Then visited a few of the oldest temples and a mosque. We walked the streets and saw old shop houses and Ft. Cornwallis, which had goats and a horses. (For a minute I felt like I was in the Texas...haha). We then headed back to the hotel, Kaitlyn was desperately in need of a nap. Uncle Aaron stayed with her and Terry and I walked along the beach. It was very relaxing!

The streets of Penang (old shophouses)

Terry and Aaron in the Muslim Mosque
Saturday:
This was the day we decided we were going to do our big hike. I did lots of research and found a 5 km hike up Penang Hill. It was supposed to have the most beautiful view. So we started up the hill.....but it was not a hill it was a MOUNTAIN! Every curve we made was steeper and steeper. We made it about 1 km up and decided this was not a good idea. We made our way back down the Mountain and hailed a taxi to take us to the train station. We decided taking the 30 minute train ride was a much better idea! I have to say the view at the top was breathtaking!

On top of Penang Hill

Me, Terry, and Kaitlyn at Penang Hill
We had lunch on top of the hill. As we were leaving our waiter told us there were snakes above us! I saw the vines and thought they were pretty...but I had no idea there were snakes slithering around up there! I grabbed Kaitlyn went inside and did not go back out that way. Aaron loved it and was the photographer.

The icky snake
We took the train back down and went back to the hotel. Kaitlyn took a nap and then we all went for a swim. Terry and Aaron decided to rent a couple of jet skis. They had a blast jumping the waves in the Indian Ocean. Kaitlyn and I hung out on the beach and played in the sand.

Terry, Uncle Aaron, and Kaitlyn playing in the Indian Ocean

Terry on the jet ski

Aaron on the jet ski

Kaitlyn playing in the sand
Sunday:
We had a late breakfast and packed up. We decided to take the scenic route back to the airport. It was a drive along the coast and up into the mountains. Beautiful.
We enjoyed our trip to Penang!
Here is a few more pictures from our trip
No comments:
Post a Comment