Monday, June 1, 2009

Walking to the Grocery Store

Today, Kaitlyn and I walked to the grocery store. This isn't unusual for us to do, we do it at least once a week, however, today I decided not to bring Kaitlyn's stroller and let her walk the 1/2 mile. HAHA...I don't know what I was thinking. We made it downstairs and she wanted to stop and play with the plants, but fell face first into the dirt. And of course she was all sweaty because, well, we live in Singapore and it is like a furnace, so the dirt just stuck like glue to her face. She didn't cry and I couldn't help but laugh! So we continued on down the street.
She wanted to touch everything, the hand rails, leaves, rocks, benches, everything! As you can imagine it took us FOREVER and we were both glistening when we reached the store. After shopping we headed for the Taxi Queue. I think I will bring the stroller next time.

Not long after we were home our groceries were delivered! Ahhh...I love Singapore!


Kaitlyn helping me open the boxes.


Kaitlyn hitting the box.



She found Daddy's cashews!




The best part of all....playing with the boxes.




She would pick them up and throw them.
Easy entertainment while I fixed lunch.

Also:
This weekend we went to our outside closet and discovered mold had grown a few things. I was so disgusted as soon as we got home from church we cleaned everything out. We really don't have that much closet space in our apartment so we had to make do.


This is our pantry....a huge wall full of cabinets...We don't even use 1/2 of them.

So we put our suitcases and random things in here. Really...who puts their suitcases and clothes in a pantry?!

1 comment:

Thea said...

Boxes! The best.. and cheapest toys ever.