Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our weekend Getaway

Saturday, Terry and I jumped on a ferry and went to Indonesia. I did not take one single picture while we were there. Kaitlyn stayed with ya-ya, aka Stella, our very trusted babysitter. We knew she was in good hands!

Our view was similar to this.



We stayed in a little villa, like this, on the rocks. The beautiful sandy beach was just around the corner. (again I did not take this picture, but the lovely people at Banyan Tree did). It was a nice quick getaway!

I have to share this picture courtesy of Channel News Asia.



As we were driving to the Ferry terminal Saturday morning, we went through Little India. We noticed lots of people walking around like the picture above. It was the Thaipusam Procession. Devotees walk carrying a pot of milk on their head or have piercings like this. It was really very interesting to see. I cringed every time I saw a man like this thinking of the pain he must have gone through. Ouch!

1 comment:

Thea said...

Niiiiice!!!