Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kampong Glam...

This weekend we decided to explore Kampong Glam. This is the Malay part of Singapore. (Kampong-village, Glam-type of tree that once grew abundantly in the area). It was very interesting to see. It rained off and on the entire time we were there so we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked. We did see the Sultan Mosque. It has 2 golden domes that were beautiful! There were rows of shops lining the streets selling everything from fine textiles to straw baskets. I have been looking for a rug for our living room and Kaitlyn's playroom. This is the main reason I wanted to go to this area. I heard you could get a great deal and we did! I have never seen so many beautiful rugs. Since we have hardwood floors in the bedrooms we decided on a simple shag rug for the playroom. We are going to go back later and get an oriental rug for our living room. Kaitlyn did great on our journey! And we all managed to stay somewhat dry!
Below are a few pictures...


Kaitlyn is ready for our trip!


rows of shops on both sides of the road leading up to the Sultan Mosque



Our family in front of the Sultan Mosque

No comments: