Saturday, November 8, 2008

Week update...

oops..I just noticed I haven't blogged since Tuesday...Let me give you an update as to what has been going on.

Wednesday I took Kaitlyn back to the doctor and we found out she had a bladder infection. Her pediatrician wanted us to come back on Friday to run 2 different tests, a sonogram and a VCUG (this would involve catheterizing Kaitlyn). They were concerned she might have kidney reflux. After many tears, talking to family and friends, and after consulting with our pediatrician in Lafayette we decided to hold off on the VCUG and just do the sonogram. The doctor said there was a 70% chance she does not have kidney reflux. If she does get another bladder infection then we will do the other test.

Friday, we went to get her sonogram done and visit with the doctor. Luckily, my Texas friend, Suzanne went with us, I just didn't want to go by myself. Kaitlyn's sonogram looked perfect and since she was feeling so much better we went ahead with her 6 month shots. She did fantastic...cried for literally 2 seconds and then the Dr. had her laughing!! It was amazing. She now weighs 18 pounds and is 27 inches long. (90th percentile for both).

Today we went down to Chinatown. I wanted to look around in some of the shops. I think Kaitlyn even had a good time!

I do have our plane tickets booked to come home! I am very excited...we leave Nov. 18....Terry's birthday...and his cousin Janey's too :) I am looking forward to going home...and getting help with diaper duty!

Below is Kaitlyn's outfit for the LSU game. While we were at home this week trying to get Kaitlyn better...I made her a purple tutu!!!



Pretty tutu



Yummy tutu



Go Tigers!

No comments: