Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Since Saturday was July 4th we decided to do our own little celebration here in Singapore. We headed out to Kusu Island, also known as Turtle Island. We packed a picnic and took a 25 minute ferry ride to a beautiful little beach. It was very quiet, not very many Singaporeans visit this island. Kaitlyn really enjoyed the water! After we walked the around the island we headed back home so Kaitlyn could take a nap. Since she only takes one nap a day now, it is VERY important she gets it.
Kaitlyn walking along the pier.

She really wanted to climb over the rails.

Terry and Kaitlyn in the water. It really is not deep. Terry is sitting down and Kaitlyn is standing.
We weren't too far from Singapore
Me next to the Turtles. Unfortunately we didn't have time to explore too much before we left. I know there were lots of real turtles roaming the island.
Little huts with picnic tables.

When Kaitlyn woke up we headed down to Holland Village, a street lined with restaurants. We wanted something American, so we had a Certified Black Angus Steak, flown in from Chicago. Yum..Yum...Then for dessert we couldn't pass up the Apple Pie. What an All American Dinner! It was mighty tasty. I wanted to take a picture of our apple pie, but as soon as it was brought to our table we grabbed our spoons and dug in. Before I realized it we had eaten most of it and I forgot to take a picture.
We did finish off this last bite.

Kaitlyn loved looking at the outdoor fan.

We sure enjoy living in Singapore but nothing beats the USA! We can't wait to take Kaitlyn to see the fireworks next year.
Here is Terry and Kaitlyn last year in Louisiana watching the fireworks.
Kaitlyn was 2 months old in this picture. Wow...what a difference a year makes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a nice 4th of July! I remember watching those fireworks last year in Terry John's work parking lot. I thought about that last night as I watched the fireworks. Yes, what a difference a year makes! Kaitlyn has really blossomed. Gramma

Catherine Chaumont said...

I am so jealous of you guys! Looks like you are having a great time. And, Kaitlyn is absolutely precious...amazing to see the change one year makes.

Cammie said...

Kaitlyn looks so pretty - I just love her summer flip-flops. I wonder if she could have gotten on one of the big turtles for a ride - it's a shame they don't offer that, it would have been a great picture. I guess it's unnecessary exploitation of an animal over a hundred years old, and a potential Salmonella infection risk...

Candie said...

Kara!!!!! I'm so excited to hear from you!!! I'm fascinated with the idea of living over seas...anywhere really,...so I look forward to asking lots of questions about of your adventures while you're away. You little girl looks just like you! She's so pretty and I love love love that curly hair! I understand about the naps. I'm headed to put Cannon down now! Sometimes I think his naps are just as important to me as him!!! Great to hear from you!Thansk for sharing your blog!