Tuesday, August 4, 2009

China-Part V

Day 6-Bird’s Nest and Water Cube

Alice picked us up about 8:30 and we drove about 30 minutes to where the Summer 2008 Olympics were held. It was so neat to be there. First we went to the Bird’s Nest. Our guide Alice showed us where she sat during the games.


Outside the Bird's Nest.


The stadium held 90, 000 people.


This is what Kaitlyn did during our Olympic tour.

Next we went to the Water Cube where Michael Phelps won his 8 gold medals. It was all within close walking distance.

The Water Cube (from the Olympic Park)


Inside. I thought it looked bigger on tv. During the games there were about 17,000 seats


Kaitlyn decided to wake up when we were leaving.

After touring the Olympic grounds we went to eat at another local Chinese Restaurant. It was very good. It was a 4 story restaurant.


Kaitlyn practicing eating with chopsticks.

A few more pictures.


Day 7- Shopping and Back to Singapore

On our last day we went to a local market so we could get a few souvenirs. Since we were there before it opened we went to KFC and let Kaitlyn play on the playground. She had a ball. After shopping we grabbed Subway. We wanted some American food! We gathered our things at the hotel then headed on a plane home. Kaitlyn did not sleep any on the 6 hour flight home! She literally ran up and down the aisles and touched all the people around us. She did crash in the taxi on the way home and did not wake up until the next morning!

I’m so glad we had the chance to go. It was such a great trip! I hope you enjoyed the tour of Beijing!






4 comments:

Candie said...

MOst of the poeple I've know who've taken that same trip comment on the smog. Is that what I see in the pictures?

Cammie said...

What a fabulous trip! I heard KFC tastes different in China - is that true? That is too funny.

I forgot to tell you to bring me back some fried beetles...

The Chaumont Family said...

Yes, there was lots of smog, but it was also very cloudy. Our guide said the week before it was sunny.

We actually didn't eat at the KFC we just got a coke, but the Subway we had for lunch was a little off!

Red Fish said...

What great opportunities you are having, an experience for a life time. Thanks for sharing
cs