Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Texas here we come!

Kaitlyn and I leave tomorrow for our trip to Texas! We are so excited! Well, I am, Kaitlyn does not have a clue what is going on. She just enjoys pushing the big red suitcase around.

We fly from Singapore to Houston, have a short layover, then catch a flight to Midland. We will then drive about an hour to Kermit. (where my grandparents used to live). If you add all that traveling time up, it is approximately 32 hours! Oh, how I hope Kaitlyn sleeps!

I will be traveling by myself with her. Terry has a big project going on right now, so he will meet us in Texas in a few weeks. Terry is really going to miss his baby girl!
Kaitlyn loves when Dadd picks her up from behind the chair!

There are three BIG reasons why we are taking this trip to Texas.
#1. My parents are having an estate/garage sell at my grandfather's house and I want to be there to help out.
#2. We are going house hunting in Houston! We aren't planning on buying a house right now, but Ensco flies us to the US to take a look at the area. We will be moving back March/April.
#3. We really miss our family and friends!! This really is the #1 reason!

I won't have much computer access in the big Ol' Town of Kermit, but I will try to get over to my cousin's to post a couple of blogs.
We are really looking forward to our visit. Please say a little prayer for us as we make our long journey to the US.
Texas here we come!

4 comments:

Catherine Chaumont said...

We will definitely be thinking of you guys as you travel. Hopefully, it will be a smooth trip! I know you guys have had an amazing time in Singapore but I know that everyone will be glad to have you back in Texas!! Can't wait to see Miss Kaitlyn again

The Fisher's said...

Good luck and have a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers! We cannot wait to see you and Kaitlyn!
Love,
Kayla

Darlene said...

Great blog of your Austin visit.
thanks for taking time to put new pictures on. I know you are busy. Hope Miss Kaitlyn is feeling better and you and Terry don't get sick. love ya lots
mom