Now, let me back up and share with you what we were up to our last week in the states. My father-in-law, Terry John, Kaitlyn and I drove from Austin to Louisiana, Thursday morning. This was about a 7 hour drive. We went to visit Terry John's grandparents, aunts, uncle, and cousins. We had a great visit, however, Kaitlyn ended up with an ear infection. I took her to our pediatrician in Lafayette to get her checked out and on antibiotics. I did not want her sick on our long flight home. She is feeling much better now. The dr. predicted Kaitlyn to be 5'10"! We are thinking, volleyball and basketball!
We had a great time in Louisiana! Kaitlyn enjoyed all the attention! She played and played with her cousins.

Laura and Kaitlyn playing in the tent

Caroline and Kaitlyn playing.

Mamaw, Caroline, and I

Janey (Terry John's cousin) is a freshman and made color guard. They had a competion Saturday so I went to watch their performance. She did awesome!

Kaitlyn loves shoes! She was walking in Janey's rain boots.

Great Pawpaw was teaching Kaitlyn how to vacuum. Of course she has to do it with her purse!
After eating lots of yummy cajun food and enjoying a good visit we drove back to Houston to do a little house hunting. Our first night in our hotel Kaitlyn somehow managed to climb out of her crib. We are not exactly sure how she did this but needless to say she ended up sleeping with us the next 3 nights. Our second night, we went to Barnes and Nobles, Kaitlyn was running down the aisle tripped and busted her lip. Poor baby had a rough couple of days.
Wednesday, my father-in-law came back to Houston to stay with Kaitlyn while Terry John and I met with our realtor. We did not find a home to buy, but we were able to narrow down the area we want to live in. Kaitlyn and Papaw went to the Katy Mills Mall and had french fries for breakfast and rode the carousel! I think they both had a great time! We really appreciated Pawpaw coming to Houston!
That about sums up our trip to the US. We had a great time and a great visit with everyone. We will see you all again in about 4 months!
1 comment:
Hey friend!!! sorry i missed you guys this time. i can't wait to see you in four months!!! i ran my half marathon, and it was great! when you get back we need to do one together! :)
miss ya~
kari
Post a Comment