Well, we now have a change of plans. Last Thursday, there was a fire in the engine room on Terry's rig. Fortunately no one was hurt! They evacuated the rig and everyone did exactly what they were supposed to do. Terry was in the office when the fire started but he could see the smoke from his window. The fire was put out quickly and they are still accessing the damage. This happened 1 week from when the rig was supposed to leave Singapore.
They have estimated anywhere from 60-90 days for repair. I guess we will be staying in Singapore a few more months.
There are still a couple of things we would like to do here in Singapore so we will definitely have time to do them! We also get to spend a few more months with our friends.
I will keep you posted on when we will officially be moving back to the states, but for now the countdown has stopped.
2 comments:
I am glad everyone is ok. Enjoy your extra time. Miss yall. Miriam.
I'm sure a part of you is disappointed, but I love to hear your great attitude! Enjoy the time. The couple months is nothing in the big scheme of things. Since you're going to be there longer, my students would love to writ eyou back. Do we just address it the same as the return address you sent me?
Post a Comment