Thanksgiving day we drove to Odessa to spend the day with family on my Dad's side. We had a great visit and ate lots of yummy food! It was so nice to see all of them.
Friday, Mom and I decided we wanted to get an early start on Christmas shopping. Since we looked at the sale ads on the way to Odessa we mapped out where we wanted to be and at what time. So we were up and out of the house at 4:30 am. I wanted to be at Wal-Mart when the sales started at 5. We split up...Mom dropped me off at Wal-Mart and she went to Sam's. Then we headed to the mall and Target. We were done shopping and back at home by 9:30! We had a great time and hit some GREAT sales! And by the way...I saw several people I knew at Wal-Mart and Target...yes that early in the morning! This was the first time I have ever been shopping on "Black Friday" and let me tell you it was an adrenalin rush, trying to squeeze in there and get that special gift! I think this will become a tradition! Linda, Stephanie, Cammie... who's going with me next year?
Kaitlyn stayed home with my Dad. They had a great time playing and she was taking a nap when we got home...thank goodness...because we needed one too!
This weekend we are going to hang low. I'm going to help Mom put up the Christmas tree and enjoy a nice warm fire. This is my favorite time of year!
Check out our shutterfly pictures on the right: "Thanksgiving"

Kaitlyn by the lake for the 1st time. (Eating grass)

Happy Retirement Mamaw

Papaw is so funny!

Aunt Shirley makes me giggle.
Thanksgiving at Randy and Miriam's house.
Watching the Dallas Cowboys!

1 comment:
Such a happy bunny!
Post a Comment